Wednesday, March 25, 2009

That they may believe



John 9:2-3 And his disciples asked "Rabbi, who sinned, the man or his parents that he was born blind?". Jesus answered, it was neither, it was in order that the works of God might be displayed in Him.

This verse is a very powerful statement about how every challenge that we face in life can be viewed as sin or punishment or as an opportunity to glorify God.

In my own life and particularly with my technology company, which is now sitting dormant after so much investment, it is easy to take on all the mistakes that I made along the way and view them and our current situation as punishment. But when I look from spirit eyes, versus from the natural, I remember that God's nature does not change. He makes beauty from ashes, the oil of joy from mourning and the garment of praise from the spirit of heaviness. I AM a tree of righteousness, a planting of the Lord. He will finish what He started.

Lord, take the mud that is before me, add your spittle and apply that mud to my eyes and show me what you would have me do, as I am blind and I want to use my blindness to glorify you, as you can heal even that that is beyond hope.

No comments: