Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Present tense - Not limited by time

John 8:58 Jesus said to them "Truly I say to you, before Abraham was born I AM".

He could have said "I was", but throughout the Word, He persistently uses the present tense because He doesn't change and isn't limited by time as we are.

Jesus was very smart and not just intellectually smart, but street smart. And he was full of wisdom.

I wonder in verse 6 and 8 of Chapter 8 what he wrote on the ground when they were wanting to stone the adulteress. Could it have been as simple as the word "LOVE"? Or was it sin, or the word forgive? Or did He write their sins in the sand, so they would know that He was on to them?

Lord, you are the same yesterday, today and forever. Help me to be wise in all that I say and do. Help me to see your perfect timing and enjoy the time leading us to that time versus fretting. Give me rest, serenity and grace, sufficient for each day.

No comments: