Monday, August 21, 2006


John 14 - I go to My Father's House

In John 14 Jesus talks of His Father's house and how there are many rooms there and that He was going to prepare their rooms, and would be back for them.

It is amazing to me that the disciples didn't figure out that speaking of natural things was His way of helping them to more easily understand the spiritual world. They continued to try to interpret him literally. They wanted to know where the road was that would take them there.

In verses 6-7 Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You've even seen him!"

8 Philip said, "Master, show us the Father; then we'll be content."

9-10 "You've been with me all this time, Philip, and you still don't understand? To see me is to see the Father.

This chapter is chocked full of very practical instruction - about loving, about prayer, about the Holy Spirit who He said He would leave behind to take care of us. The Holy Spirit's job is to make everything plain to us.

Lord - open our eyes to your Word. Teach us to listen and hear and understand. Teach us to love like you love us. Give us your peace.





Chicke Fitzgerald

No comments: