Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hurricanes of Life

This week we went through preparation for what we anticipated to be Hurricane Fay. For those that have watched the news and weather this week, you will know that she never materialized, at least not here in Tampa as a Hurricane.

I was sharing with some visitors to Florida this week who were fearful about the potential hurricane, that palm trees bend with the wind, instead of being broken like some other types of trees, which then become a wind hazard.

Frequently we spend time preparing for the hurricanes of life, looking at what might be, what could be, instead of what is. We worry about what might get broken, instead of standing firm, like a palm tree does in the wind.

Psalm 16:8 (New International Version) says:

8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

Through the hurricanes of my life, I choose to bend, not break and to not be shaken, because my God is at my right hand.

Chicke

No comments: