Sunday, August 12, 2007

I hear you loud and clear!!!

Sometimes in order to get our attention God has to talk to us in ways that we don't expect.

We all recognize the shape of a stop sign. In fact, there are many things in our lives that cause us to stop dead in our tracks. Fear, worry, a lack of resources, a shortage of time, discouragement, disillusionment.

There doesn't seem to be any shortage of those things when we look at the natural circumstances around us.

God's promises are not subject to natural circumstances. The sign isn't red and it doesn't say STOP. When you have clearly heard His direction, no matter what signs you see along the way, His sign reads totally differently. It reads DON'T STOP.

The message is clear. Don't stop believing. Don't stop moving toward the vision and the prize. Don't stop showing people that there is more than what they can see.
Outside of the natural realm is the realm of the spiritual and it is the only place that we can find hope and that we can see our dreams fulfilled.

While my life seems full of traditional red stop signs right now, I know in my heart of hearts that I have heard His voice and that He will see things through to completion, despite turns and bumps in the road. He has said as clearly as if He were here beside me in the natural not to stop, not to be discouraged, not to worry.

He never changes. He cannot lie. His word is true and He is faithful. So, once again, I have only one choice. I will be desperate for Him and as for me and my house, we will continue to serve the Lord.




No comments: