Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ask that your joy may be full


John 16:24 Until now you have asked for nothing in my name. ASK and you will receive that your joy may be full.

Joy is defined by Webster as the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation. God defines it differently. He sees our needs and He desires to fill them. He just wants us to check our "alignment" with His will first.

Did your kids, or a friend or a co-worker ever approach you saying "I don't know if you'll agree, but.....". Actually, they generally already have an inkling, something that they know about you that lets them know that the answer will likely be no.

Asking "in His name" requires knowing Him and understanding His nature. As we get to know Him through His Word and through spending time with Him, every day we have a clearer picture of His plan for our lives. It is so much easier to ask for things when we know His propensity to say yes! If we seek His will for us, then asking takes on a whole new dimension!

As I seek to have a deeper relationship with Jesus and with Papa God, my requests will automatically be more in alignment with His will for our lives. And when He says yes, that is what produces true, lasting joy.

Lord, make my joy complete by revealing your will to me.

2 comments:

Geary Morales said...

Hey Chicke,

Your post is relevant to me also - as I've been directed to make a turnaround as to what I should be focusing my attention on these days!

The answer for me? Wait upon the LORD, one day at time. Interested in a relevant read that will assist you with that daily focus?

...Andrew Murray's "Waiting on God"

chickefitz said...

Thanks Geary. I'll go look for that book today!