Saturday, November 08, 2008

Fully surrendered, wholly devoted


Surrender is an interesting concept. In the natural world, it is giving up and from the world's perspective it is losing.

In God's world, surrender is the first step toward victory -- winning instead of losing. With hands lifted up, putting whatever has been holding us back in His very capable hands.

I'm not talking about just getting on your knees when something is bothering you, I'm talking about a radical act of spiritual surrender, that is, complete surrender of one's life, breath, thoughts, feelings and actions to Him.

I know that given the chance, if I insist on control, that I am actually walking blindly, not knowing what is around each corner. He sees it all. Why would I trust my life to anyone else, including me?

Sometimes we're missing miracles that God so wants to do in our lives - because we refuse to relinquish control. I'm ready for my miracle!

No comments: