Tuesday, May 01, 2007


Lord I'm Amazed

This past weekend I served on a women's retreat known as Tres Dias. It is an encounter with the living God. There were nearly 40 attendees on the weekend and over 100 of us serving them. We had many jobs, but the most important was demonstrating to them that they are loved.

What struck meis how consistently God shows up at these weekends, which are held twice a year. He changes lives, again and again. He frees these women from fear, from being ashamed about things that they had no control over. He helps them to give up anger and unforgiveness of those who have hurt them. He changes their self-image. It is truly amazing.

Isaiah 61:3 says that he gives a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. I saw it with my own eyes. The gift is free.

God is ready and willing and just waiting. Ask him for beauty, for gladness, for the lightness that comes with a garment of praise. Leave behind the ashes, the mourning and the spirit of despair.

Today choose freedom, mercy and grace and be amazed.

You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound

Lord I’m amazed by You
Lord I’m amazed by You
Lord I’m amazed by You
How You love me

How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me

Music and lyrics by Jared Anderson
© 2004 Vertical Worship Songs





Chicke Fitzgerald

No comments: